Annette here for Scrapbook Blessings Club. Today I would like to share with you how to make a larged sized fancy Rosette using my Cricut.
Tip of the day:
larger sized Rosettes, it is imperative that the back support circle is
much larger in size. This ensures that the large Rosette is held
together much stronger.
Now, onto today's project:
Rosette (Large Fancy Style) Tutorial:
For my Rosette Style today I am utilizing my Cricut Cartridge "Ribbons & Rosettes"
and have selected the Crown2 Design
Cutting a 6" x 12" Cardstock I select Crown2 x 4 times (cut 4 pieces) ~ I am cutting size 2", so I end up with 4 x 2" separate Crown2 Panels
Score each panel along the cut guide lines between each Crown Pattern
Join all four Crown2 Panels together with a very strong sticky double sided adhesive tape (I use a Marine quality) Venture Brand Tape
Accordian Fold on scored lines
Cut two Circles. 1 Circle at 1" and 1 Circle at 1+1/2" ~ I have used my 1" hand Punch for the 1" Circle and then I used the Cricut Machine to cut the 1+1/2" Circle. Circle pattern is on the Ribbons and Rosette's Cartridge. I have cut a larger Circle for placement on the back of my Rosette. I have found by cutting a larger support circle, it holds the Rosette together much stronger and gives it much better support. the smaller circle is for placement on the top side of the Rosette.
Turn Rosette inside out and press the Rosette down flat on your work bench and have your large 1+1/2" circle close by ready to hot glue onto the back of the Rosette. Once this is glued to the back, turn Rosette over and glue the 1" Circle to front of Rosette ensuring that it is centred correctly. The Rosette is now complete and ready to embellish. I have used a 3/4" Pearl Crystal as my embellishment. This is my finished Rosette
I have now made a Card with my large sized Rosette and this is the finished product.
Thank you for visiting my Cricut cut Rosette Tutorial today. I hope you have enjoyed today's project.
For any questions regarding this Tutorial, please leave your question in the comment section below and I will respond as soon as possible.
I hope you can also join us at our Scrapbook Blessings Club and be blessed with this Tutorial.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope I've inspired you to make this fun Rosette.
Annette ~ http://annetteshobbyrosettes.blogspot.com.au/
Thursday, 31 July 2014
Friday, 25 July 2014
Foil Embossed Folded Card ~ Besties 3D "Mandy"
How I made this Card:
This is the Link I used to make this card. I altered the measurements to suit my own needs and I did not use the Die overlay.
- Lemon and Black Kaiser Cardstock
- Black and Gold 10mm Pearls
- Gold Rhinstones
- Double sided Venture 6mm adhesive tape
- 3D Besties "Mandy" Decoupage Sheet
- Die for Butterfly: Marianne Craftables Butterfly
- Die for Honeycomb: LittleB Deep edge Boarder Punch Moroccan Window
- Black and White Spot 1" Ribbon from Spotlight
- Foil Adhesive Tape: Ametalin Insulation/Ducting Tape ~ high durable bond Purchased from Bunnings Warehouse from Roofing Section
- Embosser Folder: Couture Creations ~ design "Bouquet
1st Place Winner ~ Scrapbook Stamp Society DT
Entered (Entry No. 4) ~ Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge # 47 ~ Use Metal
(Start 3rd August finishes on 20th August 2014)
Entered in My Besties 3D Design Team 25th July 2014
Entered (Entry No. 57) ~ Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge # 187
(Date: 23rd July to 29th July 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 106 ) ~ Imagination Crafts Challenge ~ July Inspiration ~ Anything Goes
(15th July to 1st August 2014)
Entered ( Entry No. 151 ) ~ Crafting From The Heart Challenge # 28 ~ Anything Goes
(Date: 21st July to 28th July 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 73) ~ Scrappers Delight Challenge # 27
(Date: 16th July to 30th July 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 23) My Besties UK Challenge with a letter P
(Starts 28th July finishes on 11th August 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 89) Scribble & Scrfap Challenge # 24 "Anything Goes"
(Finishes on 15th August 2014)
Saturday, 19 July 2014
Diamond Fold Card made for Scrapbook Blessings DT Challenge
- Sassy Digital Stamp
- Bella Black and White Glitter Cardstock
- Circles Paper Black with Silver Glitter Circles Cardstock
- Card made from Gold Kaiser Cardstock
- Copics:E50,E21,E000,E35,E59,B23,Black 100,R14,R27,C5,C3,C1,BV08
- Crystal on front of dress is Pink but colour changed to Purple with Copic BV08
Entered (Entry No. 125) ~ Pennys Paper-Crafty Challenge # 186
(16th July to 22nd July 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 223 ) ~ Crafting From The Heart Challenge # 27 (21st July 2014)
3D Tag With Push Bike and Pearls
- Sherri Baldy's 3D Decoupage Sheet "Pansy"
- Kaiser Cardstock
- Prima Flower/Tag
- 3 x Hand Made Beaded Pins
- 1" Satin Ribbon
- Black/White Twine
- 1" Black/White check Flair (made by Eve Rae) Funky Flairs
- Die Cut: Crucut Cartridge ~ Tags ~ 3 x Tags Layered Light Grey/Dark Grey/Red
- Honey Comb Cardboard by Molossi ~ coloured with Black Copic Pen
- 2 Small Black Buttons
- White Wheels ~ small circle hand punch
- Die Cut: Bike: Cricut Cartridge "Summer in Paris"
- Embossing Folder: Craft Concepts "Secret Garden"
- Die Cut: Grass Die: Joy Crafts ~ "Vintage Flourishes
- Die Cut: Trim side edging: Die Board "Die-Namics"
- Dauber and Black Ink for shadowing around the edge of Tags
Entered (entry No. 1) My Besties 3D Decoupage Challenge # 12 ~ "Tag your it (make a Tag)"(19th July to 1st August 2014) http://mybesties3ddecoblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/challenge-12-tag-your-it-make-tag-and.html
Entered 19th July 2014 ~ My Besties 3D DT Call
Entered 19th July 2014 ~ My Besties 3D DT Call
Entered (entry No. 88) Penny's Challenge # 186 ~ (19th July to 23rd July 2014)
Entered (entry No. 30) ~ Scrappers Delight Challenge # 27 Anything Goes "Cute and Curly" (16th July to 29th July 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 91) ~ Die Cuttin' Divas "Anything Goes" Challenge # 176
(Started 29th Kuly to 4th August 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 24) My Besties UK Challenge "Anything Goes using a letter "P"
(Start 28th July finishes on 11th August 2014)
Friday, 18 July 2014
Hello Friends !
Annette here for Scrapbook Blessings Club to share with you Thursday's Project Tutorial making a hand made Rosette without utilising a Die or Cricut Machine.
Firstly, I have my "Tip of the Day"........ to have no waste of my Glitter Glue product, I always squeeze some Glitter Glue from my bottle into a small screw top container. I found that I was guessing how much product I needed to squeeze from my bottle causing a huge amount of waste of my product. So now I squeeze an amount in a small jar and seal the lid with the left over Glitter Glue for my next project thus no waste whatsoever.
Pill Bottles are great to keep for this use also as they have great sealing screw top lids.****************************************
Now, onto today's Project :
This is a hand made Rosette which I have finished off my Gift Muffin Box with. I use these Muffin Gift Boxes for Thank You and special occasions.
Here is what you will need to make your Rosette:
- Cardstock or Crafters Cardboard (I have used Black)
- Double Sided Adhesive Tape
- Scor-Pal Score Board
- Paper Cutter
- Glitter Glue (I have used Silver Glitter Glue)
- Small Paint Brush for Glitter Glue application
- 1" Circle Punch
- Martha Stewart Edger
- Embellishment for the centre of Rosette ~ I have used Crystal/Pearl
- Cut 1 Strip of Cardstock or Craft Cardboard ~ 12" long X 1+1/2" Wide
- Using a Martha Stewart Punch Edger make pattern along one edge
- Once edging completed, cut off the end pattern pieces from both ends to ensure pattern is even on both ends, this allows for a perfect overlap when joining.
- Cut 2 x 1" Circle with a small Circle Punch
- Score Rosette by lining up the holes to get even scoring for the folds.
- Don't forget, the wider you make your score lines the thicker the Rosette. If the Rosette is too thick, it is very difficult to work with. Just move the hole patterns back and forth until the holes are lined up and centred where the score must be positioned then score as seen in first photo. See how fairly close I have the scoring, not too wide.
- I generally make up the Rosette before glittering the edge line, but today I am going to do my demonstration by edging the Rosette with Glitter Glue prior to folding just to show exactly where I Glitter the edging.
- To have minimum waste of my Glitter Glue product, I always squeeze some Glitter Glue from my bottle into a small screw top container. I found that I was guessing how much product I needed to squeeze from my container causing a huge amount of waste of my product. So now I squeeze an amount in a small jar and seal the lid with the left over Glitter Glue for my next project thus no waste whatsoever. Pill Bottles are great to keep for this use also as they have great sealing screw top lids.
- Accordian fold the Rosette pressing each fold firmly to give the Rosette a good sharp edge line.
- Once Rosette is folded, overlap a complete pattern, line up the pattern and use a strong double sided adhesive tape to join. I use a very strong "Marine" Double Sided adhesive. Marine Double Sided Adhesive will adhere absolutely anything, ie: metal, fabric, cardboard, paper and it will never come unstuck. The only problem is, you must get it right the first time otherwise it is very difficult to remove. Its quite possible your project could be destroyed just trying to remove.
- With the Rosette now joined, turn the Rosette inside out so the back part of the Rosette is showing as in photo.
- With 1 x 2" Circle place this close to your Rosette and have it ready for attaching to the back of your Rosette with hot glue.
- Press your Rosette down and push all of the folds into the centre trying to get it as tight as possible, then glue on the 1 x 2" circle backing.
- Once the back has been glued on, turn over and then glue the other 1 x 2" Circle on the front ensuring it is perfectly centred right in the middle of the Rosette.
- Rosette is now ready for decorating. At this point this is where I generally Glitter Glue the edge, but in this case it has already been done.
- Using a 22mm Crystal Pearl Embellishment, either hot glue or place on with Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Here is my finished "Hand Made Rosette" ready for my Project ~ finished Rosette 2+3/4"
- Today I have chosen one of my favourite items I love to make and that is my Muffin Boxes. I purchase my Muffin Boxes from Ebay in a flat pack of 100 which work out around A$0.47 cents per piece.
- I fold the box and join, but also, so that I have a beautiful sitting front lid on the box, I cut off the two front Tabs and then I use my Marine Double Sided Adhesive Tape for a perfect flat finish.
- Here is my finished Rosette set on my Muffin Box. I generally fill these boxes with Chocolates, Lollies, Cakes/Muffins and also Jewellery in tissue paper make a lovely gift for someone special.
- The smaller Rosette situated on the top left hand corner of my project was made with the Tim Holtz Die. This will be another Tutorial.
Thank you for visiting my hand made Rosette Tutorial today and I hope you have enjoyed
today's project. For any questions regarding this tutorial please leave in comment section and I will respond as soon as possible.
I hope you can also join us at our Scrapbook Blessings Club and be blessed with this tutorial.
Annette ~ Scrapbook Blessings Club Team Designer
As always, any comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day.
Thursday, 17 July 2014
- I have used Sherri Ann Baldy's 3D Decoupage "Milly Mac"
- Kaiser Cardstock
- 1" White Satin Ribbon for bow with Small White Mulberry Rose/Twisted Stem
- Cardstock Rosette with Crystal Pearl ~ Time Holtz die
- Grass Die above Lace is ~ Joy Crafts Vintage Flourishes
- Whimsy Doily Die
- Crystals have been hand coloured with Copic Pen No. BV08 Purple
- Pearls Green and Mauve sized 11mm
- Hand Made Roses from Kaiser Cardstock and Purple Glitter Glue
- Butterfly Die Memory Box
- Beaded Pins (Made by myself)
- Lace edging: Ivory Lace hand painted with Acrylics Paints 1/2 Green X 1/2 Purple
- Leaves: Green Cardstock (Glittered) ~ Die: Marianne Die
Entry No. 2 ~ The Stamping Boutique ~ Use Lace
(Top 3 Pick ~ My Besties 3D Challenge # 11 ~ 17th July 2014)
Entered for My Besties 3D Call Challenge Celebration # 11 ~ "Shaped Card" (7th-18th July 2014) http://mybesties3ddecoblog.blogspot.com.au/2014_07_01_archive.html
(Top 3 Pick ~ Pennys Craft & Paper Challenge ~ (Total entries 189 Cards)
Entered (Entry No. 89) Penny's Challenge # 186 ~ (19th July to 23rd July 2014)
My Besties Challenge # 14 Pearls & Lace ~ (7-18th July 2014)
Entry No. 72 ~ Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge # 45 ~ Pearls & Rhinstones
(7th-21st July 2014)
Entry No. 73 ~ Imagination~Crafts Challenge July Inspiration Anything Goes
(14th July to 31st July)
Entry No. ~ Love To Create Challenge # 124 Petals & Pearls (14th to 21st July 2014)
Entry No. My Besties UK Challenge ~ Anything goes ~ Ribbons and Lace
(14th July 2014 to 28th July 2014)
Entered (entry No. 31 ) ~ Scrappers Delight Challenge # 27 Anything Goes "Cute & Curly)
(1st July to 27th July)
Entered (Entry No. 99) ~ Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge "Anything goes"
(Start 29th July to 4th August 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 32) ~ Shopping Our Stash Challenge # 162 Triple Threat
(Start 29th July to 5th August 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 136) ~ Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge #40 (Anything Goes)
Start 1.8.14 to 9th August 2014)
Entered (Entry No. 11 ) ~ My Besties Aussie Challenge # 27 "Bingo"
(Start Date: 31st July ~ Finished on 25th August 2014)
Entered (Entry 42) The Ribbon Girls Blog
(Start Date: 3rd August finishes on 10th August 2014)
Entry No. 3 ~ Fussy and Fancy # 120 ~ Bingo Board
Finishes on 21st August 2014
Saturday, 12 July 2014
Pearls and Rhinestones
Made this Gift Box for a ChallengeRecipe:
- Muffin Box Heavy Duty Waxed (Flat Packed) Makes up 10cm X 10cm finished
- 1 Hand Made Rosette from Black Stationery Cardboard Finished Size 8cm
- 1 Small Rosette made from Black Stationery Cardboard Finished size 4cm (Tim Holtz Die)
- Aqua Rhinestones
- Aqua and White Pearls 10mm
- 1 Large Pearl/Crystal 22mm and 1 small Pearl/Crystal 18mm
- Silver Glitter Glue
- Centre Trim on Box ~ Die-Namics Boarder
- Top of Box: Sizzix Framelits
- Copics: Black Ciao BG13 (Flowers) ~ E000/E50/R20 (Face) ~ C3/C1/C5/100 (Hair)
Entry No. 64 ~ Imagination`Crafts Challenge (15th Jul - 1st Aug 2014)